Families rely on FAP to work with their family office or lead advisors to consult on wealth transfer efficiency and life insurance as an asset class.
Why Life Insurance for the Super Affluent
- Provides liquidity for the estate tax
- Immediacy and simplicity of wealth transfer
- Minimal transfer (gift) tax for creation of large asset outside of taxable estate
- Helps to insulate, complement, and hedge other estate planning techniques
- Tax-favored asset class; income tax free and estate tax free (if owned properly)
- Non-correlated, defensive, conservative asset with strong risk adjusted returns